Tampa Trib: Cancelled!

One of several that has been cancelled this year.

From: SBrewster@tampatrib.com
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:55 AM
Subject: The Tampa Tribune 2009 summer internship program.
To:

I bring you sad news regarding The Tampa Tribune's 2009 summer internship program.

 

Due to our current economic situation, we have had to make some difficult choices regarding our newsroom budget.

It is unfortunate, but we have decided to suspend our 10-week summer internship program for this year.


I apologize to you for how all of this has unfolded. I know you have invested time, energy and hope in the applying for the positions we posted six months ago. Unfortunately, we were unable to foresee the current conditions that have led us to suspend the program.

My hope is that this news reaches you in time to apply for other opportunities with internship programs.


I wish you good luck in your search.

Sincerely,

Richard (Duke) Maas
Managing Editor
The Tampa Tribune